I have a confession to make; Dr Sarah Buckley’s book, Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering was one of the few roses in a sea of thorns that really impacted on me positively in my first pregnancy. Now I am not only thrilled to bits to have Dr Buckley contribute to the Afterword of my book that started this glorious journey for me and passion for empowering women – “A Modern Woman’s Guide to a Natural Empowering Birth” – but also have her contribute her wisdom with our readers in Empowering Birth Magazine as well!
“Sarah Buckley is precious, because she is bilingual. She can speak the language of a mother who gave birth to her four children at home. She can also speak like a medical doctor. By intermingling the language of the heart and the scientific language she is driving the history of childbirth towards a radical and inspiring new direction.”~ Michel Odent MD, author and natural birth pioneer
More exciting news! In this issue we bring you our newest addition to make this mag more complete and interactive. It’s official – it’s all about YOU in “Ask the Midwife”. This means you are not alone in your motherhood journey anymore and no need to hold any worries or stress inside (after all, it’s no good for you or baby) Now you can share your innermost, deepest darkest fears and concerns with us in our empowering community or direct via the mag (named or anonymous if you prefer) and you might just be featured in our next edition. Many thanks to Jane and Jodilyn from Essential Midwifery for making this vision a reality and you, our dear readers, are going to LOVE it!
Finally, my wish for all birthing women: To actively give birth rather than be delivered, to recognise you are a normal healthy woman rather than a ‘patient’ and take ownership of your birth, your body and your baby. To bravely step into your role as a mother and protector of the next generation. This is to be empowered!
Oh and one more thing – there is nothing more enriching for us than hearing what a difference this mag has made in your life or simply how much pleasure it gives you to sit back with your fave hot cup and read each issue. So don’t hold back – please leave a feedback note or rating and feel free to get in touch with any ideas, questions, birth stories and more…. We can’t wait to hear from you!
In deepest gratitude for allowing us to be a part of your empowering journey!
So what gems will you find in our latest issue? Here is a preview…..
June 2013 Issue – OUT NOW!
- Healing Begins in the Womb
- Hot Article: Hormones are Your Helpers by Dr Sarah Buckley MD
- Empower Me – Eat to Thrive Not Just Survive/ Enjoy the Last Stretch/ Birth Works/ Need More Reasons to Relax?
- Positive Birth Story: Corporate Girl Surprises Herself
- Waterbirth for Freedom and Natural Pain Relief + 9 Reasons to Choose a Waterbirth
- NEW Ask the Midwife: stresshead affecting baby?/ natural birth in hospital?/ natural birth after 35?/ morning sickness tips?
- Real Truth: Can You Really Plan For Your Birth?
- Preggi Cuisine: Ideal Food for New Mothers + Recipe based on Aryvedic Principles
- Healthy & Fit 4 Birth – 8 Superfoods to Grow a Healthy Baby
- Products We Love
- Competitions- WIN 12mths Mummy Mentor Program with leading parenting expert Pinky Mckay valued at $197
- or Adorable Moffatt Limited Edition Baby Photography Album valued at $135
Don’t have an iPad? Request your special PDF format mag when you order here.
Want to become an affiliate and be rewarded for being a part of the Positive Birth Revolution?