Foundation lactation biscuits recipe
- 1 cup atta flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup of whatever flavour you want (almond meal, sunflower seeds, coconut)
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed
- 1 teaspoon of whatever spice flavour you would like (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom)
- 150 grams jaggery (or rapadura sugar)
- 150 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a small 22 x 29cm baking tray. You can double the recipe if your baking tray is full sized.
- Roughly chop jaggery and put into a small pan on a low heat with the butter and spices.
- Stir occasionally until butter and jaggery are both melted. You may need to mash lumps of jaggery with a fork.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Press into the baking tray with your wet hand till smooth and flat.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes.
- Shorter for chewier biscuits, longer for crunchier biscuits.
- Whilst still hot, cut into squares leaving in the baking tray.
- When cool remove and store in a biscuit tin for up to a week.