So what is all this talk about the Positive Birth Revolution and why on earth do I spend so many waking (and even dreaming) hours ticking over about it and showing women a new possibility of how positive and powerful birth can be, encouraging them to share their stories and now being part of an exciting and much-needed global movement?
Many of you who are familiar with my story know that I was incredibly inspired by motherhood after overcoming my own extreme fears and wanting to shout from the rooftops, (and at the same time deeply affected by all the unneccesary intervention and trauma that I saw around me) and that is where all this beautiful madness started!
In life, there are some things we plan and others life plans for us! For me, the creation of Birth Goddess was certainly the latter, a labour of love, very inspired and something I felt needed to be done, even with two beautiful kids at my feet.
I sincerely hope you understand, it is my calling in life to bring more awareness, empowerment and consciousness to women (and their families) and I am so driven to share this message with the world. These days I see myself more as a voice for women and happy to say I am finally developing the courage to really step into that role and now have a treasure trove of tools and resources to offer women to get there.
I really feel that if we can put these empowering tools into the hands of first time mothers to be, that we could normalise birth, honour motherhood, prevent many cases of unnecessary intervention or birth trauma and resulting postnatal depression, creating happier, healthier, more awakened mothers, babies and families around the world.
THIS is why I am so possessed to spread the word and be part of the change around the globe! But I can’t do this alone. Any global movement is an enormous undertaking for any one person, no matter how passionate, so I am reaching out for your support. (and I know there are many other wonderful people around the world on a similar mission but we need MORE)
If any of my messages thus far have resonated with you or touched your heart and some part of you GETS the importance of what I am raving about endlessly, then I urge you to take positive action in your corner…….
So what positive actions can you take? Good question!
MOTHERS: (share the love)
- Share your birth story
- Share upcoming events with your community
- Share the worldwide empowering birth community
- Recommend the book/ inspirational cards/ magazine to your expecting friends so they can benefit from these amazing empowering tools
- Request the book A Modern Woman’s Guide to a Natural Empowering Birth in your local library or bookstore to cause them to be more widely available for mums-to-be (quote title, author & ISBN 97 809 872 342 09)
- Distribute empowering resources cards in your local community – maternity/ birth/ mum-friendly hangouts (send me a message and I will send your way with pleasure)
- Become a Birth Goddess Ambassador and ask me how you can get rewarded for sharing the love!
- Apply to contribute your wisdom and expertise to our blog/ magazine
- Add the books/ cards to your professional library, store, courses or packages – ask about our special wholesale rates and put it in as many women’s hands as possible!
- Become an affiliate and Be rewarded for sharing the love! Display virtual banners on your website/ blog/ newsletter.
- Distribute empowering resources cards to your clients – in your classes/ workshops/ retreats/ hospitals etc or display posters in your workplace
- Interview Katrina for your next pregnancy/ birth/ motherhood summit/ webinar/ publication/ website/ blog etc or invite Katrina Zaslavsky to speak at your next event
- Consider BG products for prizes/ giveaways/ fundraisers for your next project launch or expo
- If you have any other creative and helpful ideas for us, please let us know!
Yours in positive action and empowerment,